- RHUM Loves Steve Hughes: Conspiracy Realist @ MICF 2011
- Steve Hughes looks a bit like Jesus, if Jesus were in a metal band and sold The Big Issue in his spare time. Or perhaps his own self-description, ‚ÄėConvict Wizard‚Äô, is more apt. The point is, he looks the part. If I were to tell you about this political, anarchistic comedian whose favourite phrases include ‚Äėpsychological fascism‚Äô, ‚Äėthought crime‚Äô, ‚ÄėI‚Äôm not paranoid, I‚Äôm suspicious‚Äô, and ‚Äėfuck ‚Äôem/fuck it/fuck you‚Äô, you‚Äôd probably picture this guy.
- Australian Stage Review - Conspiracy Realist | Steve Hughes
Is he funny? Frequently. Do you have to agree with him? Of course not. Is he a paranoid nutjob? No. He's intelligent, well-read and simply has his own reasons for rejecting most of modern society.
- The Stage - Review: Steve Hughes Conspiracy Realist
- There are two types of ‚Äútruth-teller‚ÄĚ comedians ‚Äď the ones who trawl through all the minor irritants of modern society that we all secretly agree upon, and the ones who exhume all the horrors of the human condition that we‚Äôre ashamed of even thinking about. The latter variety of oracle might include Bill Hicks or Doug Stanhope or Louis CK or Brendan Burns or‚Ä¶ Steve Hughes.
- Metal Obsession Review
- Steve Hughes was once a big name in Sydney‚Äôs ever growing metal scene throughout in late 80‚Äôs. His most predominate work Slaughter Lord, was the launching pad to his career and eventually saw him playing with many well known Sydney bands, such as Nazxul and Mortal Sin. After feeding his appetite for heavy metal music throughout the late 80‚Äôs and early 90‚Äôs, Steve Hughes would then take an opportunity to try his hand at stand-up comedy. [Read More...]